New Zealand Symphony Orchestra relaxed concert in Wellington
Sat 14 Nov 2020, 02:00 pm - 3:00pm
4 Queens Wharf Jervois Quay
Arts Culture, Community, Free Entry Event, Music,
Wheelchair access, Accessible toilets, Mobility parking
Website or Regt':
The NZSO is excited to perform a relaxed concert for individuals with autism, sensory and communication disorders and learning disabilities. The programme features works by composers such as Erik Satie and Hanns Eisler.
The concert offers a relaxed approach to the concert hall with the following measures in place for maximum comfort and enjoyment:
• Low, warm consistent lighting
• Sound levels controlled to minimise sudden changes
• Flexible and spacious seating with freedom to move around and relocate throughout the concert
• All access doors open throughout the concert
• Quiet and non-flashing toys and activities are encouraged if they will aid focus and enjoyment
• A separate ‘Chill out’ zone
In addition, an audience guide will be provided in advance of the event with videos and photos to familiarise yourself with the venue ahead of the concert. You can listen to the music that will be performed in this concert in advance, and also find more information about NZSO relaxex concerts.